Home Loan Applicant's Checklist
Here is a useful list to help you start collecting and updating
the information you'll need to apply for your Home Loan.
Click here for printable version.
- Most recent paystubs showing year to date income for pay period covering 30 days.
- Last year's W-2's for all jobs.
- If self employed with more than 25% ownership in business; need two years personal and corporate or partnership Federal Tax Returns with all schedules. YTD Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
- If retired, copy of most recent Social Security Award Letter and other Retirement Income.
- Copy of current bank checking and savings statements, covering one month. Retirement accounts and IRA's.
- Copy of Purchase Agreement signed by all parties for purchase transaction.
- Sworn Construction Statement with copies of bids, plans and specifications for construction loans.
- Legal description from abstract, survey or prior title insurance policy.
- County Real Estate Tax Statement with parcel number.
- If refinance transaction; copy of hazard insurance policy with effective dates and annual premium listed. Copy of last monthly billing statement from existing mortgage lender.
- Name and address of current landlord.
- If 1st time homebuyer; Copy of Homebuyer Class Completion Certificate.