Bank Your Way,
Security BankUSA Mobile Banking is a fast, secure, and free* way to access your accounts from your mobile phone. From viewing balances and your transaction history, to paying bills and transfering funds, Mobile Banking lets you bank anytime, anywhere - no checkbook or computer required.
*Regular text rates may apply.
To get started, sign up for Online Banking. Here’s how:
Register at the top of this page, just click on the login/register button.
First time users will be asked to register. Simply provide the name and security information required and you'll be ready to view your accounts.
You can get our new mobile app by going to your smartphone's app store and searching "Security BankUSA"
Mobile banking lets you take a photo of your check with your smartphone and deposit it right into your Security BankUSA account. It's that easy!
Plus Mobile Deposit is:
- Convenient - save a trip to the bank.
- Simple - make a deposit with just a camera click and a few taps.
- Secure - rest assured it's as safe and secure as online banking.
Contact us for additional information
Here are some helpful tips to follow:
- Invest in an antivirus application for your mobile device to help protect you when downloading apps or mobile content.
- Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you’re dealing directly with your bank.
- Never share your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don't save this information anywhere on your phone.
- Never set the app, web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
- Remember, your bank would never contact or text message you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
- Immediately tell your mobile operator and your bank if you lose your phone.
- Only install programs that you know are from legitimate Web sites, such as your Internet service provider, financial institution, wireless phone company, or trusted app vendors.